Menopause is a natural biological process that marks the end of a woman’s reproductive years. It typically occurs between the ages of 45 and 55, although it can happen earlier or later.
We at Morkare Natural Clinic can help you with naturopathic, Homeopathic, and Nutrition treatment for Menopause.
- The hormonal changes associated with menopause can lead to a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles: Menstrual periods may become irregular, shorter, or longer before eventually stopping altogether.
- Hot Flashes: Sudden, intense feelings of heat, often accompanied by sweating and a rapid heartbeat.
- Night Sweats: Hot flashes that occur during sleep, leading to night sweats and disrupted sleep patterns.
- Vaginal Changes: Thinning and dryness of the vaginal tissues, which can lead to discomfort during intercourse.
- Mood Swings: Changes in mood, including irritability, mood swings, and increased risk of depression and anxiety.
- Sleep Disturbances: Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, often due to night sweats or hormonal fluctuations.
- Decreased Libido: Reduced sexual desire and changes in sexual function.
- Changes in Hair and Skin: Thinning hair, dry skin, and changes in texture and appearance.
- Weight Gain: Some women may experience weight gain, particularly around the abdomen.
It’s important to note that not all women will experience the same symptoms or severity of symptoms during menopause. The duration and intensity of menopausal symptoms can vary widely among individuals
Menopause is often diagnosed based on a woman’s reported symptoms and her age. Common symptoms include irregular menstrual cycles, hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, vaginal dryness, and changes in libido. If a woman in her 40s or 50s experiences these symptoms and has not had a menstrual period for at least 12 consecutive months, it is likely she has entered menopause. Blood tests may be used to measure hormone levels. The most common hormone levels checked are Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Oestrogen. Elevated FSH levels and low oestrogen levels are often indicative of menopause. However, hormone levels can vary, so these tests are not always definitive.
Menopause is primarily caused by the following factors:
1. Aging: As women age, their ovaries gradually produce fewer hormones, particularly oestrogen and progesterone.
2. Ovarian Reserve Depletion: A woman is born with a finite number of eggs in her ovaries, and as she approaches menopause, this ovarian reserve diminishes.
How a Nutritionist / Naturopath or Homeopath can help with Menopause. We are the best naturopathic clinic in this area to help with Menopause
- Herbal Medicine: Recommend herbal remedies to balance hormones and suggest herbs like black cohosh to reduce hot flashes and mood swings.
- Lifestyle Guidance: Provide advice on diet, exercise, and stress management to alleviate menopausal symptoms such as including weight bearing exercises to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Nutritional Supplements and Dietary recommendations: Recommend vitamins and minerals like calcium and vitamin D to support bone health. Dietary suggestions may include adding Phyto-oestrogens and quality protein to your diet.
- Homeopathic Remedies: A homeopath may offer individualised treatments tailored to your specific menopausal symptoms. We also stock the Naturepathics Menopause support remedy which can be found here Children’s Health | Women’s Health | Pregnancy Support | Immune Health It is traditionally used to relieve mild symptoms of hot flushes, night sweats, the sensation of anxiety and palpitations associated with perimenopause and menopause.
- Mind-Body Techniques: Teach relaxation methods such as meditation to reduce stress and promote emotional well-being.
Always consult with a qualified natural health practitioner for personalised guidance during menopause. If you would like support managing menopause symptoms or hormonal imbalances please book in to chat with one of our team.