Generalised Anxiety Disorder is diagnosed in people with excessive worry and anxiety, which the person finds difficult to control. These feelings can be intense, sudden onset, excessive and persistent fear about everyday situations.
We at Morkare Natural Clinic can help you with naturopathic, Homeopathic, and Nutrition treatments for Anxiety.
- Feeling nervous, restless, or tense
- Increased heart rate
- Having a sense of impending danger
- Feeling weak or tired
- Trouble sleeping
- Experiencing gastrointestinal problems
- Difficult controlling worry
To diagnose anxiety you may start by seeing your primary care provider to find out if your anxiety could be related to your physical health, here you can have a blood test done to see if nutrient deficiencies are contributing to your mental health. You also may need to see a mental health specialist who will do a psychological evaluation to discuss thoughts, feelings and behaviour that can contribute to the anxiety.
The causes of anxiety disorders aren’t fully understood. Life experiences such as traumatic events appear to trigger anxiety disorders in people who are already prone to anxiety. Genetics can also be a factor.
For some people, anxiety may be linked to an underlying health issue. In some cases, anxiety signs and symptoms are the first indicators of a medical illness like thyroid problems, irritable bowel syndrome or any gastrointestinal issues, heart disease, drug withdrawal or something as simple as nutrient deficiencies.
How a Homeopath, Nutritionist, or Naturopath can help manage Anxiety.
- Lifestyle Modifications: A naturopath may recommend lifestyle changes, including diet modifications, exercise, stress management techniques, and adequate sleep to treat the underlying causes of anxiety and improve overall well-being.
- Herbal Medicine: Naturopaths may use herbal remedies to support nervous system function and adrenal axis activity which controls the stress response associated with anxiety. Common herbs to use are Passionflower, Withania, Ziziphus, Kava just to name a few.
- Nutritional Support: Personalised dietary guidance, focusing on foods that promote overall wellbeing including regulation of blood sugar, increasing essential fatty acids and protein but also looking at decreasing stimulants like coffee, tea, sugar, energy drinks etc.
- Supplements: Naturopaths may suggest specific supplements or homeopathic remedies such as magnesium, 5HTP, Gaba, Glycine, B Complex which all work on supporting the nervous system & stress response.
- Stress Reduction: Stress can exacerbate anxiety symptoms, so we may recommend relaxation techniques and stress management strategies.